About this article
There are multiple ways to get a new ProfiLux up and running for the first time. In this article we will show you how to set up the controller with the GHL Connect app. We will also show you how to setup the controller using a web browser.
Are you a Mac computer user?
No worries! You can still get the ProfiLux controller setup by using the web browser (Google Chrome recommended) on your computer. For steps on how to do that, watch the “Web browser” initial setup video.
Before you begin
- If you are not familiar yet with the operating concept of the ProfiLux Controller, we highly recommend to first read the Knowledgebase Article ” How the ProfiLux Controller works “. It gives you an understanding of the basics and the operational concept of the controller
Choose one of the videos below.
ProfiLux 4: Initial setup via GHL Connect app (Android / iOS)
ProfiLux 4: Initial setup via web browser (Mac, PC, Mobile)
Give this a try…
- Using your phone or tablet, connect to the GHLDEV or ProfiLux 4 hotspot signal. When connected, the YELLOW Wi-Fi light will turn ON.
- Open the GHL app, press ADD DEVICE, select your ProfiLux, select ADD A CONFIGURED DEVICE
- In the “Configure connection” page, leave everything as-is and press NEXT
- Give this connection a name (P4 hotspot) and press DONE
The newly made connection will be your dedicated hotspot connection. Confirm that your phone is still connected to the ProfiLux hotspot. If the YELLOW Wi-Fi light is ON, you can go ahead and choose that connection to connect.
Give this a try…
- Connect your phone or tablet to the ProfiLux hotspot signal
- Open the GHL app and choose the hotspot connection, wait for the dashboard to load
- Press the MENU icon and select NETWORK
- Write down the numbers you see in the “Current IP address” field. This is the IP address which belongs to your ProfiLux which is connected to your network.
- Press the 3-dots (top-right) and select DISCONNECT
Now that you have the IP address of your controller, you can create a dedicated Wi-Fi connection for it.
- Press ADD DEVICE, choose the ProfiLux, select ADD A CONFIGURED DEVICE
- In the Host/IP field, type-in the IP address of your ProfiLux. These are the numbers you wrote down earlier. Press NEXT.
- Give this connection a name (P4 home) and press DONE
The newly made connection will now be listed.
You now have a dedicated local Wi-Fi connection to use when you are within the range of your Wi-Fi network.
The next steps…
Now that you’ve completed the initial setup, you can move onto doing other things with your ProfiLux. This section will provide you with direct links and ideas for other things you can do with your controller.
Other basic setup steps…
Lighting and Timer control
Skimmer and return pump control
Auto top off control, Leak detection, etc.
1-10V and Flow pump control
Dosing pump and calcium reactor control
Email notifications and power cut monitoring
Feed pause, maintenance mode control
Other helpful resources
Wi-Fi related info
If you need to check or adjust any of your Wi-Fi settings, refer to the articles below.