The Amazingly Bright LED Pendant Luminaire
Mitras® LX 6 illuminates aquariums with powerful lighting technology and unmatched efficiency. The 6000 series includes the following features:
- Ultra high light output and uniform light distribution in natural brilliant colors (CRI> 95) and situation adapted, unique color mix for strong growth of plants and corals in freshwater and saltwater.
- Equipped with carefully selected high-power LEDs from CREE®, Osram®, and SemiLEDS® with at least 150 Lumen/Watt (White LEDs).
- Integrated lighting control and independent LED channel control for mixing color spectrums.
- Ultra Compact Design: 72 high-power LEDs in only 40 mm x 180 mm x 340 mm small fixture.
- Integrated 2.4 GHz wireless module (For master-slave operation).
- Sophisticated thermal management ensures energy efficiency and long life of the LEDs (at least 70,000 operating hours).
- Replaceable LED clusters.
- Saves about 50% energy costs compared to conventional illumination technology.
- Developed and manufactured in Germany.
- Optimized for Marine Water Medium to Deep Reef
- Diagram shows Relative Spectral Radiation Power, all LEDs running at 100%
- 1000 K – > 30000 K Adjustment Range of Color Temperature
- 12000 K Center Color Temperature
- 9 separately dimmable colors
- 12 x Cree XP-E2 blue
- 12 x Cree XT-E cool white
- 12 x Cree XT-E royal blue
- 6 x Osram Oslon SSL true green
- 6 x Osram Oslon SSL skywhite
- 6 x Osram Oslon SSL blue-white
- 6 x Osram Oslon SSL hyperred
- 6 x hyper violet
- 6 x ultra violet
All specifications are relating to average parameters and can vary due to component tolerances and ambient conditions.
Full Spectrum and Integrated Lighting Control
Mitras® LX can be adjusted within a wide spectrum range (approximately 380-700 nm). Such flexibility allows you to tailor your light spectrum and output to suit the needs of your plants, fish, and coral. Simply set the light spectrum and light output and watch them thrive.
Our free professional PC operating software, GCC (GHL Control Center) allows you to conveniently operate and configure your Mitras LX. From GCC, you can select predetermined lighting templates or create your own lighting projects from scratch.
When choosing the Mitras® LX 6000 series luminaire, it is very important to consider how this light will be used; we offer different models to suit different uses. Each model is equipped with special LED combinations perfectly matched for different applications such as Freshwater, upper-,medium and deep reef.
The correct light spectrum used is equally as important as the number of lumens that can be achieved.
Homogenous Light Distribution
A homogeneous illumination is as important as a high light output. We have determined the best possible placement of the LEDs and shape of the reflectors using complex computer simulations and practical tests. In order to ensure optimum illumination, the LEDs were arranged in 2 x 3 evenly distributed clusters, the LEDs in each clusterwere placed as closely as possible.
The clusters were taken as far as possible to the edge of the light. The results are convincing:
- Ideal mixture of the individual LED colors, the light in the aquarium has no disturbing color spots
- Uniform illumination over a wide area
- Efficient heat dissipation through the heatsink
Specially coated high performance reflectors additionally ensure a homogenous and natural light impression.
- The reflection factor of 99 % carries the light also into the depths, without unnecessary divergence losses of the light to the sides.
- The light is also reflected lightly diffuse from the reflectors. Due to that a homogeneous natural lighting effect is achieved, which is very important especially if different colored LEDs are mixed.
The special protective plate:
- is made of highly translucent plastic, which is also used in solarium construction
- has a light transmittance of at least 92% over the entire visible color spectrum
Innovative Cooling System
The innovative cooling system (active, passive and controlled by a microprocessor) ensures reliable protection against overheating for maximum luminosity of LEDs and a particularly long service life (> 60,000 hours).
- Active cooling due to 4 extremely quiet and powerful temperature-controlled fans. The speed of the fans is temperature-dependend and automatically adjusted.
- Passive cooling through generously dimensioned solid aluminum heatsink with seawater resistant anodized aluminum coating in accordance with DIN 81249-1.
- Microprocessor-controlled automatic brightness reduction if temperature of the luminaire is getting too high: Is the tempeature further increasing despite maximum cooling, e.g. due to increasing ambient temperatures, the brightness is reduced slowly and continiously.
The electronics and the LEDs are thus always operated under optimal conditions.
Operation and Functions
Mitras LX has an integrated lighting control.
The adjustment of the luminaire can be made directly from the control panel or via a PC with the software GHL Control Center.
- The graphic display shows a clear overview of the current operating status.
- The control panel at the luminaire with its backlit capacitive buttons offers easy operation, such as changing settings or starting special effects.
- Mitras LX can be connected via USB to the PC. The convenient PC software GCC for operating the luminaire is free of charge.
All 9 LED–channels are separately dimmable in up to 3000 steps. In addition to the variable light spectrum a variety of functions thus can be realized:
- Sun rise and sun set (“East to West”-Simulation) over several luminaires possible
- Cloud simulation (also “gliding” over several lamps)
- Seasonal Lighting >Learn More
- Thunderstorm simulation
- Calendrical lunar-cycle simulation
- Rainy days
The following items are included:
- Efficient wide range power supply IP 67 with lockable safety plug
- Power Cord
- USB Cable
Optional hanging kit
The Mitras® LX can be hung with a patented high quality hanging kit, that consists of ceiling mounts, hanging wire, wire holders and mounting brackets.
This optional hanging kit enables flexible height adjustment of the lights over the basin and is available online in our shop GHL Store.