The Ultra-Bright High-Power LED Lighting
Mitras Lightbar is one of the highest quality and most effective LED lights on the market. The Mitras Lightbar is Made in Germany and offers:
- Homogeneous, brilliant and very bright light through a balanced mix of selected high-power LEDs in natural colors (CRI > 95, white LEDs > 150 lm/W)
- Maximal output power with GHL Power Balancing Technology®
- Super smooth dimming with GHL Perfect Dimming Techology®
- Uniformly wide light distribution with a LED beam angle of 120°
- Energy efficiency and long LED life thanks to sophisticated heat management (generously dimensioned heat sink, highly efficient heat conducting foil and temperature monitoring) – LED life at least 60,000 operating hours
- If controlled by the ProfiLux Aquarium Controller: Professional light dimming, individual mix of the color spectrum and water temperature-dependent downward control (light is dimmed if water gets too warm).
- Full undimmed Lightpower when operated without ProfiLux (all LEDs light up to 100%)
- Energy saving compared with traditional lighting aprox. 50%
- Operation with safe voltage (24V)
Natural light scenarios
Achieve realistic lighting in combination with a ProfiLux aquarium computer:
- Sunrise and sunset
- moon phases
- rainy days
- tropical twilight
- Seasonal change
Optimal for Every Aquarium
The Mitras light bar is suitable for any marine or freshwater aquarium – if open or closed – and is available in 4 light temperatures in 13 different lengths in 10 cm increments. Due to the high variety of offered lamp lengths you will find the tailor-made lighting exactly for your aquarium.
Get the desired light output in your aquarium: With Mitras Lightbar there is no compromise by only a few offered lengths, forget badly illuminated corners in the aquarium.
Adjust – in conjunction with the ProfiLux Aquarium Controller – the light spectrum (approximately 380-700 nm range) and the light output in wide areas exactly as you like and give your plants, fish and corals the light they need to thrive. The correct light spectrum used is equally as important as the radiation power that can be achieved.
When choosing the Mitras® Lightbar, it is very important to consider how this light will be used; we offer different models to suit different uses. Each model is equipped with special LED combinations perfectly matched for different applications such as Freshwater, upper, medium and deep reef. Of course you can also combine the different models as you like.
Diverse Dimming Functions with ProfiLux
Realistic lighting scenarios such as sunrise, sunset, moonlight, cloud, seasonal lighting and thunderstorm simulations are made possible with GHL Perfect Dimming Technology®. With over 4000 dimming levels and a dimming ratio of 3000:1 per channel (light color), you can accomplish true-to-life simulations.
Large Range of Models – Flexible Usage
13 different lengths in 10 cm-increments are available – also for Nano-Tanks – You’ll be able to find the ideal lightbar length for your tank. Illumination over the total tank length provides a maximum light quantity for the tank and avoids only little illuminated corners.
Several Mitras Lightbar can be connected via a splitter to one power supply unit – this way you have less power supply units and less cables in your cabinet.
Available with 4 different LED-combinations (Daylight, Ocean Blue, Actinic, Deep Actinic).
Variable Light Spectrum
Adjust easily the desired light spectrum within a wide range with the Light Composer using the PC Software, GHL Control Center (GCC). Light color and intensity can be varied over the day.
Either you just take over one of the existing lighting projects for your luminaire, or submit your own project.
High Performance Heatsink
The life time and efficiency (light output per watt) are significantly determined by the cooling. Mitras Lightbar therefore have a massive heat sink that ensures maximum cooling of the LEDs.
The screw channel at the top of the heat sink provides additional mounting options, such as the use of suspension sets.
Mitras Lightbar – Luminosity in Detail
Mitras lightbar is not only one of the brightest LED lights on the market. It also convinces by the technical know-how.
- Selected high-power LEDs from Cree®, OSRAM® and SemiLEDs® of the newest generation (min. 150 lumens/watt white LEDs) with optimal color mixing and uniform illumination
- Lifespan > 60,000 hours according to manufacturer
- CRI >95
- The LEDs are intentionally not operated with the maximum possible current, since this significantly reduces the LED life and energy efficiency. It is much more efficient to use a larger number of LEDs at reduced power.
- Ideal mixture of the individual LED colors. The light generates no disturbing color spots in the aquarium.
- The particularly translucent protective plate made of XT UV Transmitted® guarantees optimum light yield and uniformity. This special acrylic is also used for solariums and has a very high transmission for a wide light spectrum.
- Passive cooling through generously dimensioned solid aluminum heatsink with seawater resistant anodized aluminum coating in accordance with DIN 81249-1.
- Microprocessor-controlled automatic brightness reduction at high Lightbar temperatures. Increases the housing temperature of the Lightbar further, eg due to increased ambient temperature, the brightness is reduced slowly and continuously.
The electronics and the LEDs are thus always operated under optimal conditions.
Thanks to the mild operating a high energy efficiency a very long LED lifetime can be achieved.
- With Mitras LB–Splitter (not supplied) and the matching power supply unit (not included) simultaneous operation of up to 4 light bars is possible.
Due to the manifold operation options we offer a variety of power supplies. Note that the selected power supply must provide the total power of all connected Lightbars at least.
- Mitras Lightbar is available in 13 lengths and four models in 10 cm increments.
- For flexible installation in the aquarium slidable holders made of V4A stainless steel are included.
The Lightbar can be operated undimmed (all LEDs at 100%) and dimmed (with the aquarium computer ProfiLux from version 3). For connection to the ProfiLux Computer additionally an interface cable is required.
All LED channels (depending on model 5 or 7) are separately, this allows you to vary the light color and intensity of illumination over the day. The GHL Perfect Dimming Technology® with more than 4000 dimming levels and a dimming ration of 3000:1 produces a super soft and perfect dimming.
- Sunrise and Sunset
- Cloud Simulation
- Thunderstorm Simulation
- Calendric lunar-cycle Simulation
- Seasonal Lighting > Learn More
- Rainy Days
- Replaceable LED Clusters.
- Waterproof*) efficient wide range power supplies (IP 67) with all relevant marks of conformity (eg CE, TÜV, UR)
Dimensions: h x w = 25 mm x 86 mm
*) except 60W
Mounting in the tank
With the supplied stainless steel brackets, Mitras Lightbar 2 can be conveniently mounted above every tank.
If there is not enough space in the tank, a flat bracket is also available.
Suitable Light Spectrums for Specific Applications
For an optimal lighting result, we offer four different types with different LED combinations to choose from:
- Mitras LB Daylight (Freshwater with many plants)
- Mitras LB Ocean Blue (Freshwater and Salt Water)
- Mitras LB Actinic (Saltwater upper to medium reef)
- Mitras LB Deep Actinic (Saltwater medium to deep reef)
They differ in terms of the average color temperature and are tailored to the specific application.
If operated with the ProfiLux Aquarium Controller the offered selection of several LED colors gives the opportunity to adjust the light color via GCC within far bounces. However the Luminaires should be chosen in a way that the average light color matches as good as possible. The higher the light temperature is, the more bluish the light appears.
How Many Mitras Lightbar do I need for my Aquarium?
Select Mitras Lightbar depending on the aquarium volume.
Rule of thumb:
- low light requirement: 0.3 watts per liter
- very high light requirements: 0.9 watts per liter
Often, a recommendation “lumens per liter” is given. In our opinion this makes only sense for Mitras Daylight. For luminaires with high blue light component (Ocean Blue, Actinic, Deep Actinic), the lumen specifications are rather misleading (see explanation above Lumen, LUX and PAR).
Avaliable Mitras Lightbar lengths
|Recom. for tank length [cm]||39-50||49-60||59-70||69-80||79-90||89-100||99-110||109-120||119-130||129-140||139-150||149-160||159-170|
|Light length without cable [cm]||33.3||43.3||53.3||63.3||73.3||83.3||93.3||103.3||113.3||123.3||133.3||143.3||153.3|
|Max. power draw undimmed [W] *||23.5||30.0||36.5||43.0||50.0||56.5||63.0||70.0||77.0||84.0||90.5||98.5||105.5|
Cross-section of light: 86mm x 25mm
*) This is the net power draw of the light module. If you compare it with the power of LED lights from other vendors you should keep in mind that they often only mention the higher power draw of the complete system, including the loss of the power supply.
Also the efficiency (ratio between electrical power and light power) is very important when comparing. The Mitras Slimline light module has an efficiency of about 92%, where most LED lights of other vendors have only an efficiency of about 75%.
To save space and costs, several luminaires can be operated via a splitter on one power supply unit. Please note that the luminaires are therefore supplied without a power supply unit. Please order the appropriate power supply unit for your luminaires separately. See the Configurations section below.
The following power supplies are currently available:
|Max. Output power||Max. drawn power||Plug||Input voltage|
|80 W||92 W||Cold device cable (Schuko, CH, UK, USA, AUS)||100 - 240 V / 50 - 60 Hz|
|100 W||115 W||Cold device cable (Schuko, CH, UK, USA, AUS)||100 - 240 V / 50 - 60 Hz|
|150 W||173 W||Cold device cable (Schuko, CH, UK, USA, AUS)||100 - 240 V / 50 - 60 Hz|
|200 W||230 W||Cold device cable (Schuko, CH, UK, USA, AUS)||100 - 240 V / 50 - 60 Hz|
|240 W||276 W||Cold device cable (Schuko, CH, UK, USA, AUS)||100 - 240 V / 50 - 60 Hz|
|300 W||345 W||Cold device cable (Schuko, CH, UK, USA, AUS)||100 - 240 V / 50 - 60 Hz|
Mitras Lightbar can be operated undimmed and dimmed.
If operated undimmed all LEDs will burn at 100%. There is no control needed. Activation and deactivation can be made through a simple timer.
Another option, however, is to dimm and operate the Mitras Lightbar with a ProfiLux Controller (starting version 3). All color channels can thus be dimmed independently. So all of the ProfiLux Controllers simulation programs such as sunrise and sunset, cloud simulation, thunderstorms or calendrical moon phase simulation are possible.