The “e” in ProfiLux 4e stands for essential.
The ProfiLux 4e features the same high degree of quality and reliability as the flagship ProfiLux 4.
With ProfiLux 4e, users who do not – or not immediately – need all the features of ProfiLux 4 are offered a more affordable alternative to ProfiLux 4 without sacrificing the essential.
In comparison to ProfiLux 4, ProfiLux 4e has in the basic configuration one switchable pH/ORP input instead of two and no conductivity input, and in addition the less required S ports (digital outputs / connection for classicpowerbars) have been removed. Otherwise ProfiLux 4e is identical to ProfiLux 4.
The ProfiLux® aquarium controller offers everything the ambitious aquarist needs to achieve success.
From form to function, the ProfiLux 4/4e is well-equipped to manage important tasks such as lighting control, water parameter measurement/control, level control, flow measurement, pump control, and much more. Fitted with the most on-board connections available, the ProfiLux 4/4e also includes integrated modules for measuring Conductance (adjustable: fresh or saltwater), Temperature, pH, and Redox. Connections for level sensors, flow sensores, leakage sensors, and 1-10V interfaces are also included.
Built-in WiFi and USB connections ensure optimal connectivity to keep you well informed about the status of your aquarium via web interface, app, e-mail, and myGHL cloud service.
The ProfiLux® aquarium controller is globally recognized for its outstanding accuracy and reliability. From private users to research institutions, they all trust in the ProfiLux to provide them with highly accurate data and performance. The exceptional functionality of ProfiLux makes it the preferred controller of professionals and hobbyists alike.
ProfiLux 4/4e is designed to standout from the crowd. Offering switchable pH/redox and Conductivity (4e: optional) inputs, laboratory grade measurement and accuracy, nearly limitless expansion options, rock-solid hardware, and much more. See for yourself, what it is like to own the ultimate in functionality.
Also available in attractive controller sets.
Elegant appearance: Available in high-gloss white or black
- Numerous connection options even in the basic configuration, easily expandable at any time
- Plug & Play: No additional costly modules necessary to connect the accessories listed in the below illustration, such as sensors (e.g. pH, temperature, flow, leakage, level), 1-10V devices and others
- Control up to 32 independent channels of dimmable and non-dimmable lamps
- Freely programmable
- True calendar moon phase: Simulates the lunar rhythm in harmony with nature and promotes species-typical behavior.
- Sunrise and sunset simulation
- Seasonal lighting: ProfiLux Aquarium Controllers (beginning with version 3) are capable of simulating the seasonal cycle of sunshine duration and sun intensity >Learn More
- Acclimatisation program for gentle adaption
- Thunderstorm simulation: Simulate lighting-effects in conjunction with dimmable GHL lights. Programmable storm parameters allow you to change the frequency, intensity, and duration of a thunderstorm.
- Rainy day simulation
- Cloud simulation: Programmable random generators allow you to define the beginning, intensity, duration, and speed of a cloud – so each time new clouds are created.
- Temperature-dependent light reduction: for short-term temperature peaks on hot summer days.
- Tropical twilight
- Gentle lighting transition from summer-time to winter-time laid out across several days.
- Output via 1-10V interfaces, PWM interfaces or Mitras Lightbar® interface, etc.
- Continuous monitoring and control of all water values
- Acoustic and visual alarm
- Power failure monitoring: Adjustable actions and notification in case of a power failure
- Specialized, efficient, and robust operating system – ProfiLuxOS
- All settings stored in a non-volatile storage (FRAM) – power failures will not cause data loss.
- Battery buffered real-time clock (RTC)
- Programmable memory texts
- Child protection with PIN code
- ProfiLux Aquatic Bus: Fail-safe CAN bus system for data transfer
- Alarm triggered SMS-notification
- Alarm triggered Email-notification
- Redundant Sensors as backup for fail safe operation
- Time monitoring during sensitive operations
- Mitras Lightbar Interface or RS232
- ProfiLux Aquatic Bus
Easy to use and versatile accessibility
Operate ProfiLux 4/4e directly on the device or via smartphone, tablet or PC.
The Ultimate in Convenience
ProfiLux 4 can quickly and easily be operated via the on-board control panel. Additionally the graphic display always provides the current operating conditions of your aquarium and can easily be customized to display any content you wish.
Easily generate reminder texts, display the lighting intensity, or start a feed pause just from the push of a button.
ProfiLux 4/4e is easily accessible via PC with our free software GHL Control Center. Regardless of your internet status, GHL Control Center can be used with or without the internet.
Via your local Network or when connected to the web, you can have access to the ProfiLux 4 from your smartphone or tablet using the free GHL Connect App, the build-in webserver as well as the cloud service myGHL. Even when you are away from home, you can check-in on the status of your aquarium and make changes if necessary.
Unmatched Expansion Options
ProfiLux 4/4e includes a large selection of expansion options to suit the needs of any aquarist. When you need to add more functions, simply add an expansion card to one of the available expansion slots. No need to buy additional modules, just pop the card in and you’re good to go.
Between Expansion Cards and Expansion Boxes, you can expand the ProfiLux to nearly no limit!
ProfiLux OS – Maximum Safety and Stability
ProfiLux aquarium controllers run with GHL’s very own unique operating system, ProfiLuxOS. This operating system has been specially developed to conduct control tasks for aquariums.
Most operating systems have been designed and optimized for specific applications which, in our opinion, cannot provide the level of safety and performance required to control your valuable aquarium, pond, or terrarium.
ProfiLux OS was built from the ground up for the sole purpose of maintaining maximum safety FOR aquariums. Our custom OS is robust, flexible, and future-proof, offering maximum operational security and optimal efficiency.
Seamless Communication – Through PAB
Our communication interface features an integrated CAN-BUS system, ProfiLux Aquatic Bus PAB which provides seamless communication between PAB-devices. As such, a complete secure network can be built up. Devices connected in this way can communicate with each other in a particularly safe and interference-free manner – even over long distances (100 m or 300 ft).
ProfiLux Accessories – Build Your Own System
We recognize that everyone has different needs for their aquarium. As such, we provide a huge selection of accessories: SMS Module / Dimmable Powerbars / Expansion Cards / Expansion Boxes / Probes & Sensors / external Touch Display / Dimmable LED-Lamps and LED-Light Bars / Dosing Pumps / Pump Controllers and much more…
As your needs grow, ProfiLux can grow with you.
ProfiLux 4e Feature List:
|Dimensions||W x D x H: 220 x 150 x 55 mm / 8.66" x 5.91" x 2.17"|
|Delivery includes||Power supply, water temperature sensor, USB cable|
|Measuring and Controlling|
|ORP / Redox potential||√|
|Conductivity||Optional (with expansion card)|
|Oxygen||Optional (with expansion card)|
|Relative humidity||Optional (with expansion card)|
|Air temperature||Optional (with expansion card)|
|KH / Alkalinity||Optional (with KH Director)|
|Functions and Features|
|Lighting control channels||32|
|1-10 V interfaces||6 (Optional 30)|
|Controllable, separately switchable sockets||64|
|Expansion slots||3 (2x External access, 1x Internal access)|
|Dosing Pump control||√|
|Stream Pump control||√|
|Digital Mitras Lightbar interface / RS232||√|
|Power failure monitor port||√|
|Alarm||√, visually and acoustically|
|Inputs level and flow sensors, leakage detectors||4 (optional 16)|
|Digital outputs / switch channels||optional 64|
|GHL Control Pad port||√|
|DCF Receiver port||√|
|Expansion Box extension possible||√|
|Integrated webserver and email client||√|
|Cloud service myGHL||√|
ProfiLux® is Future-Proof.
Since 1998, the ProfiLux Controller has been the powerful heart and brain of a well-engineered modular system developed and produced in Germany. Though the years, it has proven itself to be a most reliable means of aquarium control. For that reason, it has earned a spot as the most globally recognized aquarium controller earning various awards for its degree of reliability and accuracy. To this day, this modular system continues to grow.
The new ProfiLux 4 is a continuation of the success story of Aquarium Controllers 1-3. As with all our developments, we place a special emphasis on maintaining compatibility with existing products.
Rest assured, ProfiLux 4 is ready for the future.