Achieve the next level of water testing automation with the ION Director (IOND). Through the use of ion-selective technology, the IOND automatically measures and controls Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium and Nitrate levels in saltwater aquariums.
Get a deeper understanding of your aquarium with the IOND. The ION Director can be used alone or together with a KH Director (KHD). Coupled with the KHD for Alkalinity monitoring and control, the IOND and KHD are the perfect tools for controlling your water parameters like never before.
Each parameter can be measured and automatically controlled. If one or more parameters are too low or too high, the IOND can automatically determine how much of an adjustment of attached dosing pumps is needed to maintain stable parameters.
One Multi-Ion sensor and no reagents
On going research and testing has allowed us to specially develop our own multi-ion sensor. No need for a dedicated sensor per parameter plus a reference electrode, no need for single reagents per parameter. Only one multi-ion sensor and reasonably priced reference fluids are required.
NOTE: Photo shows ION Director without sensor installed. Details and photos of our multi-ion sensor will be unveiled very soon.
Ultimate accuracy and precision
As with many things in this hobby, stability is key. Through the use of four dosing pump heads, the IOND effectively performs measurements with lab-grade precision and accuracy, each and every time.
Out of the four pump heads, two are used to convey two separate reference fluids for automatic ion-sensor calibration. The use of these heads eliminate the need to manually calibrate the sensor. This ensures that each test is used with a freshly calibrated sensor, every time.
Pairs perfectly with the KH Director
Fully automate and control the aquarium’s most important water parameters with the IOND and KHD.
Perfect integration into GHL Connect
Use the extensive logbook and analysis functions in your app and cloud myGHL.
ION Director confirmed details
- Automated Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium and Nitrate testing and control
- All tests performed with a GHL developed multi-ion sensor for superior precision and accuracy
- Lifespan of multi-ion sensor 6 to 18 months, depending on environmental conditions (such as water quality)
- Hardware is prepared for future parameter add-ons
- Uses only 2 reference fluids for ALL current and future parameters
- Cost effective reference fluids, in 500ml and 1000ml bottles
- Automatic sensor calibration before each measurement
- Automatic data logging and charting
- Works in conjunction with a 4 pump GHL Doser 2.1
- Can be used alongside GHL Standalone Doser (no aquarium controller required) or with a ProfiLux 3 or 4 controller
- ION Director / Doser 2.1 Slave and Standalone packages will be available
- Controllable through GHL Connect (app, webserver and cloud) and more
- Accuracy: We are aiming 10ppm for Ca, Mg, K, below 1ppm for NO3, 100ppm for Na – or better
- Sample and reference solution volume per measurement: 5 – 10ml
- Adjustable measurements per day: 0 … 24 automatic measurements, manual measurements any time