About backup and restore feature
The backup and restore feature on your GHL device allows you to extract your ProfiLux or Standalone Doser settings onto a downloadable file. This file is especially useful for creating a backup of your settings before a firmware update or for restoring your original settings. It can also be used for sharing your device settings during troubleshooting cases.
On a ProfiLux controller, you can also backup and restore your probe calibration data. When backing up your settings, we recommend you backup both device settings and sensor data.
Before you begin
- If you are not familiar yet with the operating concept of the ProfiLux Controller, we highly recommend to first read the Knowledgebase Article “How the ProfiLux Controller works“. It gives you an understanding of the basics and the operational concept of the controller
Backup or restore GHL device settings (GHL Connect app)
- Press the Menu icon and select System
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Load and save settings from or to this device
- Choose an option, then follow the on-screen prompts
Backup or restore GHL device settings (GHL Control Center)
- Press the Backup and restore tab
- Select Transmit all settings from (X) to file and specify where to save the file
- Select Transmit all sensor data from (X) to file and specify where to save the file
ProfiLux controller owners should backup BOTH their controller settings and sensor data. The sensor data contains your probe calibration data which can save you time from having to re-calibrate your probes again.